Manchester Health Department
1528 Elm Street
Mancehester NH 03103
Tel: (603) 624-6466, Fax: (603) 628-6004
TEMPORARY FOOD PERMIT APPLICANTS
Enclosed are the requirements and an application for a permit to operate a temporary food establishment in the City of Manchester, New Hampshire.
Unless you have a valid Manchester Health Department permit to operate as a mobile food vendor, you must file an application for a temporary permit. A permit to operate a food establishment, such as a restaurant, does not allow you to operate a temporary food establishment without prior approval.
The Manchester Health Department has the responsibility to insure that all foods provided to the public in Manchester are from safe and approved sources. The Health Department cannot issue a permit until this can be ascertained. Establishments which are not in compliance with the NH Sanitary Food Code (or equivalent code if out of state) will not be issued a permit in the City of Manchester. Operation of a food establishment in Manchester be it temporary or otherwise, without a permit is in violation of City Ordinance.
To insure that the Health Department has a sufficient period of time to process an application, all applications should be submitted at least 2 weeks or 10 working days prior to the planned event. If this is not done a Health Department permit may not be issued and the establishment may not be able to operate at the requested event.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL/RESCHEDULE YOUR EVENT – YOU MUST NOTIFY THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT IN ADVANCE VIA THE EVENT CANCELLATION HOTLINE (628-6003, Press Option #3). Failure to do so may prevent you from obtaining a temporary food license in the future.
Please note that all applicants must include:
1. A completed temporary food service application form. (Page 2 both sides)
2. Applicable fees.
3. IF COMING FROM OUTSIDE MANCHESTER:
a. A copy of your current state or local food permit.
b. A copy of your most current (within 6 months) inspection report.
4. IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY LICENSED BY A STATE OR LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT:
a. A copy of the commissary's current state or local food permit.
b. A copy of the commissary's most current (within 6 months) inspection report.
If you have any questions, please contact the Manchester Health Department.
TEMPORARY FOOD PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
* KEEP POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS FOOD ITEMS BELOW 410 F OR ABOVE 1400 F SUCH AS MEAT, FISH, POULTRY, DAIRY, FROZEN FOOD ITEMS NEED TO BE STORED AT OR BELOW 00 F.
* SHIELD FOOD AND FOOD CONTACT SURFACES FROM POSSIBLE CONTAMINATION. PROVIDE OVERHEAD PROTECTION IF OUTDOORS.
* STORE FOOD ITEMS AT LEAST 18 INCHES OFF THE GROUND WHEN EVENT IS OUTDOORS OR 6 INCHES OFF THE GROUND WHEN EVENT IS INDOORS.
* PROVIDE AT LEAST TWO GARBAGE CONTAINERS WITH TIGHT FITTING COVERS.
* KEEP HANDS CLEAN. WASH HANDS AFTER USING TOILET FACILITIES, EATING OR SMOKING.
· WEAR CLEAN CLOTHING THAT INCLUDES A SHIRT OR BLOUSE WITH SLEEVES,
HAIR RESTRAINTS AND AN APRON.
* USE PLASTIC GLOVES OR DISPENSING UTENSILS WHEN PREPARING OR SERVING FOOD PRODUCTS.
* DO NOT SMOKE OR EAT IN THE FOOD PREPARATION AREA.
* FOOD ITEMS ARE NOT TO BE STORED IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH ICE.
* FOOD ITEMS NOT PREPARED ON SITE MUST BE PREPARED IN AN APPROVED LICENSED FACILITY.
Click on the link below to download the
The cost of the permit is $15.00
when getting a Manchester NH Temporary Food Permit for our event.
Please remember to present you current Health Department Certification .